Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Texas

Jan. 24-28

I braved taking the kids to visit Reagan, Stef, and their kids all by myself. I was SO worried I would lose one of them in the airport, but we did good. On the way there, the only problem was the plane wouldn't fly fast enough for Cutler & Lexie. They were so excited to play with Smith, Jones & Reese!!

(these are from my phone) 


 When we landed, it was raining. Ok, pouring! While we were waiting to be picked up, Noah said "I thought it doesn't rain in Texas?!" And when we got in the car, Stefanie said "It never rains in Texas! Just when you guys come." The weather the whole time wasn't the greatest. It rained the next two days and night, and was cold. But the kids didn't care.
We didn't do anything spectacular, and that was just fine. Stefanie took the boys out of school on Thursday & Friday, so they all just played. All day long. And the night too!
And I honestly only took these pictures.

The first night, the boys had a Beyblade battle.



On Wednesday, while her boys went to school, we ran a couple of errands since we only had 4 kids. Like 4 is any different than 6! But 2 boys, is different than 4 boys. Craziness when they're all together.
They all have so much energy, and were just so excited to play with each other. It was so much fun watching them.

Thursday night we rented Mr. Poppers Penguins
and had a movie night. It was so cold that day so they pretty much just played inside.
And out a little bit too. They're boys and don't care about the weather I guess.
Oh and we had Chick-fil-A for dinner.

I LOVE that place.
And I love that you can trade your kids toy back in for an ice cream cone!!
I heard we're getting one.
Can't wait.

On Friday we braved the cold wind and went to the park. We couldn't keep them cooped up anymore.


My boys loved this pyramid

 Noah wanted to take a picture of my hair blowing in the wind. So we could tell dad how bad it was blowing.

The boys found a plaque by this tree and were trying to figure out why it was there.
They decided the guy was buried under the tree.


And these two...
they played SO GOOD together
the.whole.time!!





After the park, we got a babysitter so Stef & I could do a little shopping. It was nice:)
We got a Costco pizza for dinner, and not much after it was gone, drove out to the airport to pick up Gramma Sherie!
She says she came out to babysit so Stef & I could shop.
I think it was a good excuse for her to come play!
We're glad she did. Stef & I shopped pretty much all day on Saturday.
And since Chick-fil-A is her favorite place to eat when she visits Stef, we went again!
After dinner, we got to sort of witness the Angry Birds of Texas!


I didn't get very good pictures.
But it's Crazy!
Then we went back to the house and packed our stuff up.
We flew to Vegas that night.
This was while we were waiting for our luggage to come.
Poor kid.
Colby had his JJ convention for the next 3 days so we all stayed there that night and he stayed til Wed.
But he left this stuff for us when we got home...



We had such a good time!!
The kids were in heaven playing and seeing Texas!
We hope we get to come again!!
Thank you!!

The rest of the pictures that were taken, were by the boys. They had snuck my camera and were playing around.



2 comments:

.mel. said...

FUN! makes me want to go back already!

Elisa said...

Good for you for braving the plane on your own! Sometimes thats what it takes to have some fun! Looks like you guys had fun.