Sunday, February 12, 2012

New house

Well, it smells like one anyway. And looks nicer too!!
We didn't actually get a new home, but while the kids & I were in Texas, we had our house painted and got new carpet. Our paint is just barely darker than it was before, but it's new. We had all the trim painted, the whole house, and the ceilings the same color as the walls. And we only have carpet in our bedrooms, so all the bedrooms got new carpet!!
It's so nice!! I loved coming home and smelling the fresh newness. [that sounds funny- I know]

This is our bedroom before, actually the day we left. We basically had to move out of our house.

And the hallway - after

And about a week after we got home, we got our new bedroom set.

We upgraded from a queen to a king...FINALLY!!
I searched for what felt like forever to find this.
I love it!
And I love that my house feels [and smells] new again!!

6 comments:

Makayla & Cory Curtis said...

So nice. I love the bedroom set

Sherie said...

Ahhhhh, there's nothing like ..NEW!

Phill, Allie, and kids said...

Ahhh, so nice! My house could use that right now!

Kiesha said...

It looks so nice! I love your bedroom set!

Elisa said...

LOVE your new bedroom set! Congrats! That's so fun!

Maren & Danny said...

So jealous! Nothing like fresh paint to make it smell like new :)