Saturday, February 18, 2012

Blue & Gold banquet

This year it was on Valentine's Day. And there weren't very many people there at all. Of course. But we went, and Noah & Colby made a cake. The theme was 'Sports' so they made a baseball. Since you can't really get red frosting from food coloring, Noah chose green. I have been horrible at taking pictures lately, so these are all I have. Disappointing!


They really did do it all on their own! Noah did every part of making the actual cake himself! Except pour it into the pans, and take them out of the oven. And they both decorated it. I just showed them what to do. Then I left. I'm picky and I want to be in control, so I figured it was best that I leave and let them do it. So I did!
They did an awesome job!!
And it won 'Roundest Cake' award.

5 comments:

Makayla & Cory Curtis said...

good job! I think it looks great

The Millers said...

Love your updates! And I think we just found the new birthday cake decorators. That cake it awesome. They did a great job....I'm the same, I would probably have to leave to let them do it on their own.

.mel. said...

The cake is awesome!
And I'm jealous of all the house revamping, we are working on a few things around here too. Must be in the air. ;) We need to come check it out!

Sherie said...

Sa-Weet! Noah, you and your Dad are amazing cake decorators!..that's it...you're the new family cake bakers! Awesome job!

Maren & Danny said...

Ha ha-I had to laugh at the control part. I would have to leave too :)