Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Colby's deer



Opening morning was the biggest joke ever! I've hunted most of my life, not always the rifle hunt, but still...I have never seen so many hunters in one place on the first day. I bet in just the little area we were in, there were at least 50 hunters that came through in the first 3 hours of the hunt. Unbelievable. No kill for any of us that morning. That night, Kent, Colby & I went to a different area and didn't see one deer. Colby, Kent and Dave went another night and that's when Colby got his.
I probably hunted more this year than almost any other year. It's hard when you're the mom, and there's kids at home. My mom was super helpful and watched the kids on opening day - morning & night. One night we took the kids, and I think Makayla took them one night. I can't even remember. Needless to say, I didn't get one. But, I wasn't going to shoot a spike, and that's all I saw. I told Colby I'm done for a few years, I need my kids to be a little older and not so dependant on others. So it's 'points only' for me for a while. We'll just let the men be the hunters.

No comments: