Thursday, July 16, 2009

Park City

This year we were treated to a much needed vacation from the Labrum's. We stayed at the Marriot Mountainside in Park City, and it was absolutely amazing! The rooms were super nice - a home away from home, the scenery was beautiful - of course, and the company was a ton of fun. Lucky for us, they all have the big kids, so they pretty much take care of our boys. Sort of gives us a little break. And they don't really realize it because they're just playing.

We couldn't go up until Wednesday night after work, so by the time we got there everyone was pretty much getting ready for bed. Thursday morning we got up and went to the Oquirrh Mountain Temple open house with Kristen's family. I've never gone to an open house before, so this was a neat experience. Plus I am so happy my boys got to see the inside of the temple. Not that they really understand the importance of it yet, but I had the most amazing feeling the whole time because I was there with my family.

As soon as we got back from the temple it was swimming, swimming, swimming!
On Friday, we bought the all day passes for the slides, and coaster. This was our hotel in the background. We were on the ski lift going up to the Alpine slides. We were so excited when we found out all of this was right outside the hotel.
I was actually kind of worried about how Cutler would do on these rides. He loved them! He laughed the whole time and kept telling me to go faster. He's such a little dare devil.
Noah was a little nervous at first, but the more he went on them he got more daring. The last time they went down, Noah got to go all by himself. He was so proud of himself!
Here's the coaster. You ride up the mountain on it, then back down - and it's fast!
This is the one Cutler kept telling me to go faster. I would put the brake on because you totally feel like you're going to fly off the side, but he liked the speed.
More swimming
We got to stay until Sunday, everyone else left on Saturday. We used that day to get Noah's school shopping done, and just do things in town.
Outside the candy shoppe
...and we're marching!
We had such a great time! Thanks Doug & Janet for a great vacation!!
Oh, and Kristen, tell Rob that Cutler was practicing his magic trick on the way home. His fry got stuck and I could not get him to blow it out this time. I tried a million things to try and get it out, but I kept pushing it up farther. When we went to bed I couldn't see it anymore and figured he had sniffed it up and swallowed it. The next morning I could see something almost hanging out of his nose, it was the fry!!

3 comments:

Sherie said...

Wish I could have stowed away with you...looks like so much fun! And the bonus COOLER weather!..So glad you were able to go see the temple and take the boys. ..and OH Cutler and his nose..oh dear. by the way, DARLING picture of the 3 kids..:)

Elisa said...

Oh I love a Park City getaway. In fact I think we may to a little day trip up there this weekend and do some shopping at the outlets. I totally want to do that fun coaster! It's my nephew's favorite thing, he talks about it all the time.

Kristen said...

Katie and I are laughing so hard at the Cutler/fry incident. Sorry about Uncle Rob and his tricks. Maybe Cutler forgot to say Abracadabra and Poof!