Wednesday, July 22, 2009

It finally happened!

Not that we wanted it to, we're just surprised it took this long. Cutler has gotten his first set of stitches. 4, to be exact, under his chin.

He slipped in the tub, and whacked his chin on the side of it. Colby was with him and he said it just wouldn't quit gushing. I wasn't home, but got a call and got there as quick as I could. Colby wasn't sure if it needed stitches or not, but when I got home, I took the band aid off and I knew immediately he needed them. We hurried over to insta-care, because of course it was 8:40 p.m. and they close at 9:00. We always have to do things at the last minute.

Cutler was so brave, I couldn't believe it. He was so good for them and held very still. I'm pretty sure everything they said and were doing to him was just scary, but he only cried when they put the needle in to stitch, then he would stop, then cry again with each stitch. Kinda funny, but so sad. I had to keep looking away because I wanted to cry for him.

Waiting for the numbing stuff to do its magic.

Look how gross! There was a little bit of fat hanging out, but the dr. snipped it off for him.

Home with a band aid and all the stickers he got for being so good.

And for your viewing pleasure. 4 stitches we'll be getting out next week.

Cutler, we love you buddy!

8 comments:

susiefarns said...

The joys of parenthood eh. I've had to do it with both of my kids, and oddly enough in the same exact place at the same age.

Elisa said...

Oh Sad!! Nothing quite like that has happened to us yet but I know it will someday and I'm dreading it! Brave boy though, that's great!

Sherie said...

Cutler, you keep all of us on our toes! Way to be the "sarge" full of bravery! NO more acrobatics in the tub buddy!

.mel. said...

Oh Cutler.
Way to go for being so brave!

Lindsey R said...

I'm surprised that has happened to my little guy yet. Cutler is so brave, getting stitches is so not fun! What a big boy!

Christan said...

I'm waiting for that to happen to us too! Sounds like he was a trooper!!

P.S. I'm coming (minus my scissors- sorry) on the 28th until Aug. 17th. We'll need to get together!

ROB AND HOLLY said...

Poor Cutler! That is so sad! But what a little toughy - stitches are awful!

stefanie said...

DId I really not comment on this?! I"m losin' it!
Poor Cutler boy! That is almost exactly what happened with Smith, 4 stitches in the chin and all! They'll have matching cousin scars!
Way to be brave buddy!