Tuesday, July 28, 2009

24th of July

Who doesn't love this holiday? (that's from Utah.) My whole life this has been one of my very most favorite days of the year. This year was no different.

I try and try and just can't ever get a perfect picture of all of them. This was the best I could get.
The kids waiting for the next float to throw out candy. They didn't get as much this year, but Noah started getting selective of what he would pick up. You can only eat so much salt water taffy. I have no idea why Cutler is sitting in the road. He's Cutler.
Cutler racing. He usually takes 1st or 2nd. This year he dropped his bouncy ball right after he started, so he had to turn around and pick it up. I'm pretty sure he was last.
Our dang camera wasn't working when it was Noah's turn. He didn't win either. Not a lucky year for us.
We pulled our trailer up to the mountain the week before, and camped the whole weekend with Shan & Jennifer's family. It was such a nice break from the heat at home.

I swear, put our boys in the mountains, and they think they're in heaven. They rolled this log clear from the trees behind the truck. And I wonder why they can't find easy entertainment like this at home?


We had such a good time and can't wait for next year to do it all again!

2 comments:

stefanie said...

I'm so totally jealous! Beaver for the 24th is seriously the best! I'm always a little homesick! The kids look super cute in their red and blue!!
Miss you guys!

Sherie said...

Ahhhh once again, wish I were there in the cool mountains with you guys...looks like you had sooo much fun! And winning isn't everything..they look like they had a blast just running!