Tuesday, July 28, 2009

7 months

I just have to say we have the sweetest little girl! She has started to get a little more difficult, but only because she's been so dang easy.

Just some things for me to remember:
  • She's doing a lot better at eating baby food. I wouldn't say she's a pro yet, but getting better. Loves pears, sweet potatoes, and squash. And I have to disguise the cereal with some flavor. She doesn't love it plain.
  • Still the best sleeper ever!!!
  • She's sitting up. Once in a while she tips over, but for the most part, she's a big girl!
  • She does not love watching someone walk out of the room. It pretty much doesn't matter who it is, she doesn't love being alone.
  • On the other hand, she seems to get nervous around a lot of people. Doesn't really love that either.
  • She still has some stranger anxiety issues.
  • She's getting better in the car, but I still wouldn't say she loves it. We're working on it.
  • She's starting to hold her bottle. Yay, a free hand for me!
  • I l-o-v-e listening to her talk in the mornings. I usually leave her in bed for a good 30 minutes before I go in to get her, just so I can listen to her. It's so cute!
  • She loves the bath, and now that she's sitting up it's even more fun. She loves to splash with her hands.
  • Her hair is getting lighter and longer. And no, it is not red.

The boys crack me up with her. Noah is the best helper, seriously. In the car he sits next to her, and if she even starts getting mad he's all over it. "Mom, where's her binki/bottle/toy/blanket?" He'll sing to her, make noises, whatever it takes to try and make her happy. And at home, if he hears her crying, and I'm busy, he does the same thing. I love it!

Cutler asks to hold her about 10 times a day. It's only for about 30 seconds, literally, but every time he kisses her head right before he says "I'm done". At random times throughout the day he'll just run over to her and kiss her, usually on the arm or leg, and then go back to his business. He's getting to the point that when she's mad, he tries to make her happy by talking to her, giving her her binki, or a toy. The other day I was in changing the laundry and Lexie was crying. I had layed her on the floor with her bottle and she must have dropped it. I was yelling in to her "I'll be there just a second, and you're ok..." when I got back to her Cutler had gotten down on the floor with her and was holding the bottle for her. It was so cute.

9 comments:

.mel. said...

Seriously. I can't believe she's 7 months old! (but I also can't believe Hallie will be one in a month!) It seems like we haven't seen you guys in for-e-ver!!! this weekend, can't wait!

susiefarns said...

My almost 3 year old still cries in the car. I don't know what to do. Maybe there's hope for you.

Elisa said...

I love it! This age is so awesome! They grow up so fast. Soon I will have two toddlers and that sounds way scary!

stefanie said...

Oooo little Lexie! 7 months really?! That's crazy! She's just too, too cute, I think it's time for another trip out, I miss that little smile! Love all of the milestones, such a big girl!

Sherie said...

OH miss Lexie...you are such the little pixie girl! Gramma loves that sweet smile..SLOW down and let me catch up please! Sweetest girl! xoxo

Tonya said...

yeah, finally i get it together and visit your blog. i love the idea of blogs but it's to much work. i wish i was better at it. ask kristen i am just a flake and don't intentionally overlook friends and family. your baby is adorable, we are having a ball with ramie, i love little girls. i need some of those cute bows you have. isn't it fun to watch your kids with the baby. it makes my heart swell everytime. hope to see you soon

Larsen Family said...

Tiff. E-mail me I have a question. slnda@hotmail.com

Lindsey R said...

What a doll! That's so awesome that she has been the BEST sleeper! Noah and Cutler sound so cute with her!

T.K. said...

I cannot believe how fast she is growing.