Friday, May 22, 2009

School's out for summer

and I have mixed feelings about it. I think Noah does too. I can't believe he is going to be in 1st grade! He has learned so much this year and Colby & I are so proud of him. We loved his teacher Mrs. Vaka, and so did he. He had some moments in class where he couldn't, or wouldn't (more likely) stop talking or leaving the other kids alone at his table, so he would have to get moved to another desk all by himself. Colby told me he was the same way his whole life, I am totally not looking forward to that every year!

They didn't have a graduation like most schools, but they did this totally cute program for all the parents.

notice how involved Noah is in this song. I swear.



(for some reason my camera doesn't take good pictures in the gym
I'm positive it's not me.)

After the kids all sang a couple of songs we went back to Mrs. Vaka's classroom for them to tell us a story they had all memorized a part to. Noah talks so quiet you can barely hear him. There was another little boy being so noisy and his mom didn't ever tell him to be quiet so turn up the volume to hear Noah's part.



Then we went outside to have a little reading picnic. It was fun to see his whole class and see and hear what they have been learning.


**Noah, dad and I are so proud of you. You have grown so much this year and have learned a ton! As hard as it's been, all the yelling, crying, and fighting, we made it! I can't wait to see what you learn next year, and see just how smart you can get.

First grade, here we come!

4 comments:

.mel. said...

WaHoo Noah! [Where's the excitement silly boy?!] I can't believe he's going to be in first grade! Crazy!

I love the picture of the boys in the little pool. SO cute!

And way to go Lexie... Rolling Queen! So cute!

Morgan said...

HAHA I love the yawning her does in the first video!! :)

Sherie said...

First Grade...WHAT?!..Noah,stop and let me catch up please! Papa and Gramma are sooo proud of you..I love to hear you read and tell me all the things you learn..we LOVE you! xoxo

stefanie said...

NICE! I seriously can't believe he's going to be in 1st grade either! Crazy! Such a big kid!

Loving the swimming pictures! I so wish we were going to be there to play in the water like last summer! The boys would have so much fun!!!!

And cute little Lexie! She's so small...it doesn't seem like she should even be rolling yet! I'm so excited to see her and play with her! It's going to be so fun!!!