Saturday, May 30, 2009

Family camping trip

Last weekend we took our very first 'Family' camping trip in the trailer. We went up Friday night, and were home by 2:00 Saturday afternoon. It was perfect. Our friends the Thompsons came up and had dinner with us, and the boys played for a while. They all play so good together, and the boys are just that...boys!

Brennen shot a rabbit with his bow. The kids all thought that was the coolest thing ever. Especially the little boys.

Noah was hardly ever around. He, Brennen and Preston would try to find more rabbits, or go check out the creek.

Lexie did amazing. I didn't really expect anything else. She seriously is the best baby ever.

Colby got up and made us all breakfast. Then he and the boys went for a little hike to check out the creek, I guess.
Then off to do some fishing while Lexie had a nap and I played cards. I seriously felt like my grandma Miller. That's all she ever did, sat in the motorhome and played solitaire. She taught me a ton of different games, if only I could remember them all now. We're teaching Cutler well.

Noah gets bored with fishing if they're not catching any. They did catch some, but he was more interested in the bugs.
If every camping trip was like this one, we are going to have a blast this summer. The kids were good, the weather was nice, and we all just had a good time.

7 comments:

Tiffany said...

Lexie is getting so BIG!!!! Camping is so much fun! The boys are too fun!

Sherie said...

Ahhh..the trailer...the only way to go! Looks like everyone had a great time..including the girls! woohoo!!

tammylozano said...

HOW FUN ITS NICE JUST TO PACK UP AND GET AWAY TAKE CARE!!

Lindsey R said...

Looks like you all had a blast! That little Lexie is so dang cute! I bet your boys were in heaven being out in the wilderness! The only way to camp is with a camp trailer!

The McGraths said...

So fun! I love that we were camping together but from a far... that made no sense! The boys are growing up and get handsomer each time I see 'em. I can't believe yuor Little Lexie! She is a doll!

Maren & Danny said...

Looks so fun- I am jealous! Lexie is getting so big! What a cutie! I love the pic of Cutler with the pepsi- too funny! He looks like he is chugging Napoleon style-love it!

Jenny said...

Oh how we need to go camping!!