Saturday, April 25, 2009

Trip to S.L.C.

We wanted to get out of town, and the main reason was Colby wanted to go to the Tulip Festival at Thanksgiving point. Here's a recap...
We left Friday afternoon. Drove straight to our Hotel. It wasn't too late and Cutler had fallen asleep in the car so we knew he for sure wasn't going to be ready to go to bed. Colby got a wild hair and decided to take them swimming. We all went down to the pool, and after 10 minutes of deciding to get in the freezing cold water, they only swam for about 5 minutes - literally. They decided the bath tub would be much more fun.
Saturday morning we woke up and drove to Thanksgiving Point and took the boys to the Dinosaur Museum. We all had a great time. It was very interesting even for Colby & I. Cutler is so into dinosaurs we thought he would definitely love it, and he did. Task accomplished.Once we were done there we drove down to the Tulip Festival. After walking up to the main building and getting ready to pay, we decided that paying nearly $30 for us all to walk around looking at flowers which were only 40% blossomed, wasn't a very good idea. Call us cheap, but if I'm going to pay to look at flowers, they better be some pretty amazing flowers. Even just walking up to the building we noticed they weren't really out. We were sad, since that's really what we went up there for, but it wasn't worth it to us.
Next we took a gander up to Gardner Village. We just can't go to S.L. without visiting G.V. There was hardly anyone there which made it easy to get around quickly. While I shopped the boys went for a ride.


We did some shopping at the mall and ate at the Cheesecake Factory - YUM!! Then took the kids to Discovery Gateway. Can I just ask, Why do we not have something like this in St. George???!! Cutler could have played in the balls for hours. It was so entertaining, the kids had a blast...

...and Colby did too!

We had a great weekend! It was so much fun spending time with just our little family.

8 comments:

susiefarns said...

Sounds like a perfect weekend vacation.

Makayla & Cory Curtis said...

Sounds like you had fun, to bad about the tulips I was really looking forward to some pictures. maybe next time.

Sherie said...

There is NOTHING like family time...so much fun to be together. Looks like a blast..we'd love to join that fun next time! hint..hint.

the johansen's said...

You should have called us when you were up here! I have yet to see Lexee!! Next time, we're expecting a phone call! I'm glad you had a fun trip!

ROB AND HOLLY said...

I agree...we need SOMETHING in St. George (that's indoors) to entertain kids other than McDonalds play place. I've heard that place is fantastic!

The Millers said...

Love, Love, Love Discovery Gateway! My boys would spend the whole day in that place. And yes, it's hard to get past the balloons. I'm glad to hear you like the dinosaur museum. We'll have to hit that next time!

Elisa said...

Good ol SLC. I need to get Mia up to the Discovery Gateway, I haven't had time, and she would love it. We went to the tulip festival on Monday and I things had opened up a bit, but some of it was still a little sad. I wish it wasn't so expensive, but I guess they have to make some kind of money. I'm glad you guys had a good time. Love getting out of town.

stefanie said...

This sounded so fun...oh to have a getaway like that! I'm glad you guys were able to have a fun little family trip! I really am so jealous!