Saturday, July 26, 2008

Cooling off in this dreadful heat!

I'm sure most of you feel the same as we do... It's so hot!! We've managed to find a few things to do to keep cool.

  1. Main Street - I mentioned before that Colby had taken the boys a couple of times while I was recovering. When I finally started feeling a little better they needed to take me there, I had never been. It was fun and the boys of course, had a ton of fun.

  2. Our backyard - Back when Stefanie and the boys were here I bought this el cheapo sprinkler thing from Wal-Mart. Noah loves it, Cutler not so much. I usually just go turn it on and then come in the house because I can't stand to be outside. I finally decided that if I had a way to cool off too then I could stay out there with them, so we ventured to KMart and bought this $8 kiddie pool. Cutler loves it. So now we fill the pool and then turn the sprinkler on and voila, both boys are happy! (That's not an easy thing to accomplish. And I still go back inside the house.) Here is Cutler "diving in"

  3. Pine Valley - We've gone a couple of times and it feels so nice up there. It's a good 20 degrees cooler which is such a relief. The boys swung in the hammock, and we all took a turn in the tire swings. We tried fishing and it lasted all of about 20 minutes, but they did catch one.

We also just finished with swim lessons. I'm not sure if the boys 'passed' their classes though. Noah missed 3 days and Cutler missed 1. Noah got in trouble one day so he couldn't go the next, then he was sick, and they missed the last day (the funnest) because it was the 24th, we were out of town. I did the parent/tot class with Cutler. I thought it would be so much easier than chasing him around the pool trying to keep him out of it while Noah was in lessons. But, I wasn't able to get them in the same time slot, so I would have had to chase him anyway, so I just dropped Noah off everyday and made it back just as he finished and just in time for our class. (that's why there's no pictures) Then Noah would just sit on the chair by us and have his snack. Noah is getting so much better and at my parent's he does really good under water. We just have to remind him to take a break once in a while to catch his breath again.

For the most part, what time we do spend outside is mostly in the water. I try my hardest to just stay in until the evening. I have always loved the summer, I love the heat, I love the sun beating down on me. I love feeling like I'm getting a tan. But this year is so much different, for the obvious reason. And I must say this summer is worse than the year I had Cutler, in the middle of August! I usually never wish for the fall, but this year I find myself wishing everyday it would come faster.

7 comments:

Lindsey R said...

What cute pics! Looks like you guys are having a fun summer! It is a hot one! I love the mainstreet water park too, they need to put them in all over town!

Kaymee said...

It is sooo hot here too! If we aren't swimming, we are inside. Movies have been really fun :)

The McGraths said...

your boys are so cute! Cutler is getting so big. I too am not enjoying the nasty heat. Avoid going outside at all cost. My kids on the other side don't even notice the heat. They constantly want to play outside.

stefanie said...

Love all the pics! We wish we were there to play! You can always come visit me...it's been in the 80's and lovely although a little humid at times! The invitation is definitely open...as always!

Makayla & Cory Curtis said...

How fun!!! I can't stand the heat this year so I can just amagine what you feel like.

The Millers said...

Looks like a fun summer! Pine Valley sounds nice right about now!

Sherie said...

love the splash pad! It is fun to go watch the boys play in the water...I'm with you Tiffany...I'm wishing fall would HURRY UP and get here!