Monday, July 14, 2008

4th of July weekend

This year we had a fun, semi-uneventful 4th of July. The 4th is one of my most favorite holidays, but this year it was just different.

  • Colby worked
  • I took the boys to Minersville with my mom. We missed the parade and it was too hot for me to go hang out at the park, so the boys just played with cousins at my grandparents.

  • Colby picked the boys up and took them camping up to Beaver

  • We had a Carter family reunion - which I made a dvd for and there was a mistake. How embarrassing!! We got it fixed and had to mail everyone a copy. (about 80)

  • After the reunion we all went back to the mountain and camped another night. It felt so good up there.

  • We worried about Cutler getting too cold since he was pretty cold the night before so Colby and I put him between us. MISTAKE! He is such a wiggle worm.

  • The next morning he was so tired he pretty much layed around. About an hour after we got up he wanted to get in the truck. I put him in his seat and he didn't make a peep for another hour while we packed everything up to leave.

  • 15 minutes in the truck and he was out!

We had a great weekend. It was fun for me to finally go camping. I can't wait for the 24th!

1 comment:

The Millers said...

Sounds like fun to me! Too bad about missing the parade :( I think camping is always so hard with kids until they are use to sleeping in their own big boy bed. At least at night. But it's fun anyway! Are you guys still planning on camping over the 24th? Shan said Colby might have to work?