Sunday, May 25, 2014

Discharged

Colby is out of the hospital. We got to Kristen's at about 12:30. Ct scan looked good, ventricles are shrinking. Only a little, but they are smaller! So that's good news!! Dr. says we can go home but I'm not 100% confident yet so maybe tomorrow, possibly Tuesday morning. I had a little bit of a breakdown last night at the hospital to the nurse. I just don't know what to watch for if something happens at home. They keep stressing that infection is the worst thing that can happen right now. And that scares the begeebies out of me!! I'm afraid I won't catch it, not knowing what to really watch for other than a fever. But his nurse was awesome. When I got back to the hospital this morning he had printed out some information for me so I could feel a little more at ease with this shunt. 
We still don't have results from the fluid. Hoping to hear Tuesday. We'll have to come back possibly next week for a follow up with Dr. Reichman and then we'll hopefully determine the next step. He has to take it easy for a few days now, so we'll go home and pretty much just hang out. We are so incredibly grateful for everyone who helped this weekend by coming to support me, taking care of my kids, calling, texting, or messaging to check on Colby!! We love you all and I thank you a million times over for your continued love and support! It means the world to me. I just cry every time someone texts to tell me they want to help, or know someone who wants to help do something for us. I'm not good at all at accepting help, but I'm trying. So thank you for everything once again. 

Doug & Janet took Noah home with them to Pine Valley. My parents left Mason with us, but stopped at Makayla's to get the other two and took them home with them. We'll stay for a day or two before we make the trip home. 

No comments: