Thursday, September 22, 2011

Dixie Roundup

We love going to the rodeo. Up until I got married, I went every single year. And walked the round the whole night.
HA!
That doesn't happen anymore. Thankfully.

We went on kids night. It's always so crowded, but we had a good time.
And our kids actually pretty much just sat and watched the whole thing.

 Lexie loved waiving to the Rodeo Princesses!!

Colby even surprised me (earlier in the day) and joined in the fun!
In between some of the events they have little side entertainment going on.
This year...Razor Races.
So right after the barrel racing they added a couple of barrels and they were off.
First 2 smaller razors raced. Then 2 quads (Colby's).
Then the winner of each of those raced each other.
Colby won the whole thing!!




I have to admit...when he told me he was doing it I was not happy about it. All I could imagine was DISASTER!
Wrecking... tipping over... I don't know.
And even until it was over, and there were no injuries, I was a little nervous.
He had fun!
The kids loved watching him! (they didn't even know he was doing it.)
He won!
And it's over.
His prize...Bragging rights!!

2 comments:

Makayla & Cory Curtis said...

So fun. Good job Colby. I can't wait until we get to see you guys again.

Sherie said...

YEE HAW...GO Colby! I have to say...it was pretty exciting!