Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Sickness and injury

We were doing pretty good...until the night before Cutler got his tonsils out, Lexie got pink eye.
About a week or two later we thought Cutler got it. His eyes were red, and hurt him, but never goopy...until one day he was playing with the neighbors and their mom brought him home.
[It's never a good thing when the doorbell rings and when you open the door, your child is there with the mom of his friends, and all the friends. I immediately thought the worst.]
His eye was goopy. So we started drops. Then he started with a runny nose...and sneezing...a lot. And it seemed to never go away. His eyes stayed red, but the goopy-ness went away. We finally decided he has allergies...we think.

And now...
I took him into the dr. the other night because he was breathing scary. Short shallow breaths. I'm sorry...anything to do with breathing freaks me out. I don't mess around with it. I'm sure the dr.'s think I'm crazy.
They think he might have asthma, but called it bronchiolitis, which seems to be more likely. He has this nasty cough to go along with it. So we get to do breathing treatments...every 4 to 6 hours. He doesn't love it.

The poor kid can't catch a break!

And then there's Lexie...
Last week she crashed on the road...
on her wiggle car.

It stayed fat until the next afternoon.
And it bled.
She didn't love that she had an owie
on her lip.
Sad.

And yes, we were in our winter coats that day.
It was cold.

4 comments:

Makayla & Cory Curtis said...

O so sad. Poor cutler it does seem that when he gets something he gets it bad. And OOOOOO lexie sad! Owies on mouths are never fun

The McGraths said...

Man you've had a pretty rough week! All four of my kids do breathing treatments and they ALL hate it. We usually only have to use them when they are sick but still, just one more step to do. Awe, hang in there... Summers on its way, I think! :)

.mel. said...

oh dear. bad deal all around! and yes, hopefully we see you this weekend! it does seem like forever.

ROB AND HOLLY said...

Oh my...what a rough week! Hopefully things are getting better. Poor Cutler. I've always heard that asthma, allergies, and eczema all go together. And that if kids have 2 of the 3, they usually end up having all 3.
And poor Lexie's lip..that picture makes my lip hurt.