Monday, January 11, 2010

What a way to spend a Saturday!

If I was smart, I would have started a book 3 years ago when Cutler was born. By now I could probably be on Volume 3 because of all the crazy, unbelievable things he does. One minute the boy has my blood just boiling and in a split second he can have me laughing. I guess at least he has a personality. It might not be a good thing it's the same as my dad's though.

*If you want the extremely short version...scroll to the bottom.*
Here's the scoop. We have an R.V. cleanout on the side of our house. I'm thinking that one time either when Colby moved the trailer, or just parking there he drove over the cleanout cap and broke it. Well, that opened up this great opportunity for Cutler to 'explore' as my neighbors like to call it. You can see in the back of the picture a big pile of rocks. They're the neighbors, but Cutler loves to play with them. He took the cap off the cleanout and dropped some rocks down. I'm not sure how many. At one point I know they were to the top. Colby got as many as he could out, and we hoped it was good enough that it wouldn't make our sewer back up into our house...WRONG!!
On Saturday morning I was in the shower and noticed the water draining slowly and bubbling. I knew it wasn't suppose to do that, so when I got out I told Colby. I kind of thought maybe it was just clogged from my hair (too much information? maybe.) Gross, I know. A little bit later Cutler came in to potty and when we flushed it didn't flush. That got me thinking to when Colby made the comment..."I hope that doesn't back up into our house one day." So being the curious one that I am, I went and flushed the other toilet. TaDa...the same thing. I immediately went outside to let Colby know that all the water was staying in the house.
Ok, long story. We made a few phone calls, the one I like was to my dad who immediately came to our rescue. They had to dig this hole, which ended up being bigger than they thought, to get to the bottom of the pipe so they could get to all the rocks. What a mess!





4 Jimmy John's sandwiches, $40 in supplies, 6 hours, and a wet/dry vac full of poop later...We have pipes that drain!!! Yeah!
Thanks to my dad who seriously is the best handyman ever, and Colby who is learning...not really by choice, but I think he knows he's going to have to fix a lot of things with Cutler around.

4 comments:

Phill, Allie, and kids said...

Oh how funny! You're always on your toes with that little boy around!

Sherie said...

Oh Cutler!...good thing we love you so much!

Lindsey R said...

O.My.Heck! That's crazy! Good thing they got it fixed!

ROB AND HOLLY said...

Wow...how awful. But at least nothing came flowing back INTO your house, right?!