Friday, January 1, 2010

Christmas 2009

WoW! I was really bad at taking pictures this year. I think I was just so crazy scatter brained that I didn't really think about it. Sad. Now I'm kicking myself in the butt.

We started off our holiday with our annual Christmas Eve lunch at Pizza Factory with the Danjanovich's. Yummy as ever, and boy did we get full. About 3 hours later we went to my parents' for a super yummy prime rib dinner, games, a movie, and the kids all got to open their Christmas jammies.




Then it was off to our house to set out the cookies and milk, and the key to the front door. We don't have a chimney you know, so he has to have some way to get inside.

*Christmas morning*

Noah driving his r/c truck

Cutler wanted a rhino, but Santa didn't have any left. I don't think it really matters because he loves this jeep.

Between Christmas & a birthday this girl doesn't need anything. I think she pretty much got it all.

Noah made this calendar for me at school.

Lexie got to play the baby Jesus in the Labrum nativity. She was sick, which is why she looks so cute. I guess at least she kind of looks like a boy.


We actually did things a little different this year, and let me just say we loved it. I'm going to be brutally honest here, so if you don't think you can handle this, then skip it. We (Colby & I) very much dislike Christmas day. It's alwasy so 'wake up...Santa came...hurry up...open your presents...it's time to go...no time to play with your brand new toys...maybe later'...ugh! Our kids are getting old enough that we want them to really enjoy Christmas and actually get to see what they got that morning. And not have to wait until the day after to really get to check things out and play with their stuff. With 3 families to see in one day, it doesn't leave much time to enjoy what is actually going on. So this year, we let the boys come in to us, we opened presents, played as we opened, talked about the presents, and actually enjoyed ourselves. After we were done at our house we went to my parents, on the way over there, Noah said something that meant more to me than anything else the entire day, he said "that was the first year ever that we got to play with our toys before we had to leave." The simple fact that he realized that every year we hurry up and rush out the door just to get to the next person's house made me sad. So after this year, we like Christmas again!

1 comment:

Christan said...

AMEN!! When we had Bailey, we decided that on Christmas day we wouldn't be going ANYWHERE!! We told our families that we would see them the day before or the day after and if they wanted to spend Christmas with us, they were welcome to come to our house! It has been much more enjoyable for all of us since then. Kids should be able to relax and enjoy the day and their new gifts. I grew up rushing around to 4 different families every year and I didn't want that for my kids. Sometimes you just have to put your foot down! ;O)