Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Kentucky

This last weekend I took Lexie on her very first plane ride across the country to visit Stef and her family. Here are the highlights:

  • the boys seriously couldn't get enough of Lexie - Jones especially. He was always trying to help me.
  • We did a little shopping. That's always a must, and fun! (I think Lex has a whole new wardrobe.)
  • I finally watched Twilight. Wow. I started the book, only got half way, not because I didn't like it, just because I'm not really a reader. After seeing the movie, I can't wait for the next one.
  • I found a new favorite fast-food...Chik-fil-A! I wish we had one here.
  • Found out I'm not the only one in the world who has boys that don't listen to their parents. It was fun to watch and know I wasn't the one getting mad. Sorry Stef!
  • Did a little sight seeing. Louisville is so pretty! Places included: U of L where Reagan is going to medical school, crossed the Ohio river into Indiana, Colonel Sanders' home, and my personal favorite...Churchill downs! I absolutely love horse races. Now I'm regretting not doing the tour. I'll for sure have to do it next time I go out! Oh and all the pretty homes with ginormous yards. I would love to have a huge yard. I mean like 2 or 3 acres.
The Ohio river with downtown Louisville in the background

Front entrance. My grandpa will be so proud of me. I can't wait to tell him.

I just had to take this picture. Look how much bigger Reese is than Lexie. I know I'm closer to Reese, and that seat just swallows Lexie, but you can still see the difference.


I was so bad and didn't take hardly any pictures. So what ya see here is seriously all we took.

I love this pictures because it totally shows what the boys are like. So fun!!

And now...

photo.shoot.pictures

I'm warning you right now there's a lot. I love them all. Thanks so much Stef!!

10 comments:

Sherie said...

WEEeeeeee....makes me feel like I'm there! Looks like you had so much fun...I'm so glad you were able to go! Darling pictures of the kids together...and LOVE the pictures of Lexie ..can't pick a favorite, cause they ALL are!..TOO CUTE! and...FABULOUS new header! oh my..cute overload!!

stefanie said...

Come on now . . . I don't remember yelling THAT much!! ;)
We loved having you guys out to visit and I'm all for you coming back in the fall for Huber! We would love it!!
Now, back to reality for you right?

.mel. said...

Cute, cute pictures! Makes me so excited for my visit in less than a month!!! WaHoo!!

ROB AND HOLLY said...

I love the mirror pictures! What a cute idea!

the johansen's said...

Lex is seriously so darling, and Stef is so talented!! Looks like a fun trip!

Staci... said...

Super cute!! She is so cute! I love all her little faces!! Gotta love Kentucky!!

Sherie said...

OH..I keep looking again and again..can't stand it, SO dang cute..and I'm having a "Cheddars Cows" attack...oh dear..I can't believe I'm going to miss "Cow appreciation day"..seriously, I'm sad about it. :(

Kaymee said...

Soooo cute!! love the photo shoot! girls are soo fun! Sound like a great trip too!!

The McGraths said...

Those pics of Lexie looking in the mirror are precious! So glad you had a good trip!

Elisa said...

The trip sounds like so much fun and her pictures are SO adorable!