Sunday, September 7, 2008

Things kids say...and do

*Today during church I'm sitting in R.S. and there's about 5 minutes left. All of a sudden I see Cutler's head poke in. So I go out in the hall and Colby said he pooped so they came and got him from class. I took the diaper bag to him, then we decided since church was pretty much over we would just go get Noah and go home. As we're walking out the doors Noah says:

"It must be fast Sunday today."
It is fast Sunday today Noah, how did you know? (feeling very proud that my 5 year old knew what fast Sunday was.)
"Because we're getting out of church fast."

Colby and I started laughing so hard, it's a good thing we were going outside so we didn't disrupt the ending classes.


*We have pretty much decided that it's time to potty train Cutler. I normally wouldn't start for probably a couple more months but lately as soon as he either pees or poops he takes his diaper off. This was only happening at night when we would leave him in his bed, and we started wrapping tape around his diaper so he couldn't get it off. He has now started doing it all day. Today he did it 3 times, 2 with poop. I am so tired of seeing poop not only smashed on his sore little bum from the diaper but also from seeing it on my bedroom floor, his bed, and the newest today on the back patio and toy box out back! AAAAGGGGGHHHH! Colby and I are hoping that since he has been doing this maybe potty training won't be so bad and he'll catch on really quick. On the other hand, we've decided nothing happens quick and without a fight with this child.

So were off to Disneyland and a week of wonderful vacation. Wish us luck next week when the hard, messy work begins!

7 comments:

Sherie said...

oh that Noah and his "insightful" comments...kind of like "why do girls get mustaches?"...Yup, that was a good one too...Thank you Noah. And we'll all be thinking of you during the potty training phase....hey, he already has half of it down, he's already getting rid of the diaper..now you just have to get the "where" you GO!

Morgan said...

That is so funny what Noah said about fast sunday!! Such a smart kid. ;)

Good luck with potty training! I hope he gets the idea real quick!

Tiffany said...

Have so much fun!!!
I totally laughed my guts out about fast Sunday!!!! So freakin funny!

Jessica said...

Have fun and Disneyland! And good luck with the potty training. Let me know how it goes and pass on all the pointers to me. :)

Brad and Kaci said...

Hope you have a great time in Disneyland. And I hope everything goes so smooth with the potty training!!!!

The Millers said...

Good luck potty training. That has got to be one of my least favorite things!

Maren & Danny said...

That is too funny & true about 'fast sunday'. he he he! Good luck with potty training & have a blast @ Dland!