Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Camping

We haven't been able to camp as much as we like to this past summer.
We finally had a weekend with nothing going on so we took advantage of it!
We went up to Enterprise, with the rest of the county!
We grabbed the first spot we found, and set up camp.

I had to teach on Sunday, and hadn't prepared any sort of visual aid, so we drove to town to get some supplies, and let Colby do some dove hunting. While I was preparing for my lesson, Colby took the kids to the reservoir and he fished while they caught crawdads!!



We went on a razr ride and on our way back got caught in a rain storm that lasted the rest of the night.
All night!
And I guess I shouldn't say a rain storm, it was a thunder and lightning storm.
It was so close, it would almost lightning & thunder at the same time.
You could feel the trailer shake!
I was sure we were going to get struck. We were out in the middle of a field all alone. Everyone else had a little bit of cover.
Needless to say, I didn't sleep all but about 2 hours the whole night...Praying. And I'm not kidding!!


Saturday, after Colby hunted and we got back from town, we started dinner. We had invited Kent & Sherie up to eat with us.

Colby, the master camp chef!!


And of course we had to do some practice shooting



The rain actually made for a nice cool day, Saturday. Since I had to teach, I went home with Kent & Sherie and left the fam up there. I'm not gonna lie, I was worried to death it would storm again and they were going to get struck by lightning and not come home. They pulled up at the same time as me after church and I was so happy to see them!!
We absolutely love camping and already look forward to next year, when hopefully we can go more.

1 comment:

The Millers said...

We are so jealous!! We are missing camping so much. And scary about the storm. Not fun when it feels like it is right on top of you.