Friday, May 13, 2011

Noah's Pinewood Derby

The pinewood derby couldn't come fast enough at our house. Last month at pack meeting they handed out the cars. I'm not sure if Noah or Cutler was more excited. Maybe it was Colby?!?
For the past 3 1/2 years, my calling has had something to do with scouts. So I've had to be at pack meeting every month. And every year the whole family comes to see what it's all about.
Last year was no different. Colby had to go to get some ideas for this year.


Colby spent some time on the internet looking up cars to get some ideas. When they found one that looked similar to this one...it was the one!


There was still about 20 minutes before the racing started, but Cutler couldn't hardly stand it. He ended up moving down to the finish line where all the action was.

My dang camera. See...I need a fancy schmancy one!! [wink.wink.]
This was the best picture I could get, and his car is last. But actually took 3rd this race.
He never did take first...darn it!

They gave each boy an award...Noah's was for
'Best Driver'.
His car was the only one with a person in/on it.
My dad helped with the construction of the car...
Thank you Grandpa!!!
And he and my mom were able to come watch the races.
It was a lot of fun. Especially having our own car involved.
We can't wait for next year!!

4 comments:

Sherie said...

I love a man in uniform!..and handsome you are in yours Noah! Awesome car! I wish I could have been there to watch the race. Great Job Colby, Grandpa Miller and Noah on the construction of your car! Red is my favorite color! woo hoo!

tammylozano said...

Way to go Noah your car was awesome buddy!!!

.mel. said...

Awesome Car. Love that it has a little driver.
(and i think the pictures of the cars zooming is pretty cool! ;))

stefanie said...

Love it!
Holy Moly, he looks SO grown up!!
I think it's cool his was the only one with a driver...
it only makes sense!
miss you guys!