Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Look what she did!

If you want the short version...
scroll down!

For months now, before we put Lexie in the tub we would sit her on the toilet to try and get her to pee. It never happened.
Then one night (April 7th), I was taking her clothes off to get in the tub. She said she wanted to go potty, so I told her to "run in there, daddy will help you!" So she did. And she did.
The next morning she wanted to wear panties and potty on the toilet. And she did. Until we went to my friends house, where she peed her pants twice. Ugh.
*After potty training Cutler (which took for-e-ver) I swore I would never potty train again until the kid asks to. 
So back to a diaper. Plus, my parents came home that same weekend and we were going to be way to busy to be worrying about the potty.
Then Monday came. And she wanted panties on. I was so bugged while I was dressing her...I did not want to do this! But she did.

**short version**
So now we fast forward to today.
For the most part...
She's potty trained!!!
And honestly, I didn't even have to do it. She won't poop on the toilet. It makes her nervous. So once in a while we have to deal with those accidents, which are the worst! And she still sleeps in a pull-up at night time. I hardly ever ask her if she needs to go. I figure, she wants to be big, she needs to come tell me.
And she does!! And she's very good at holding it if we can't get right to the toilet.
Now she sings... 'now she gets a potty treat' when she's done. The Reese's Peanut Butter Cups are her favorite. And we don't really use the seat anymore. But she's so little I'm afraid she'll fall in one of these times.
 

5 comments:

Makayla & Cory Curtis said...

That is so great. I can't believe she was that easy. Good Job Lexie now you really are a BIG GIRLS

Kiesha said...

How LUCKY!! Davin was such a pain...maybe it's a girl thing! Good Job Lexie!!

Allison said...

I am green with envy! That is so awesome, go Lexi!

Sarah said...

We are starting that this week and I'm so nervous! I hope it works out I'm so tired of 2 kids in diapers (luckily my 2 y/o and my 7 mo old can wear the same size diapers)

stefanie said...

Yay Lexie!
I could have sworn I had left a comment on here already . . . I'm losing it!
Can't believe these girls are all potty trained and officially not babies anymore.
sniff, sniff ;)