Tuesday, February 15, 2011

The dang binky

This actually is a post I almost thought I'd never be able to do.
The Binky is gone!
It has been for about a month now. I don't remember the date I actually started taking it away... I mean the day I took it away.
The rule became she could only have it for naps and nighttime - in her bed!
She had to leave it in there when we got her out.
She started getting more and more attached, and when she would get sick or sad or hurt she would 'need' it [as she would say]. I agreed.
It was a typical binky story...we were more attached than she was!
This was the last picture I have of her with it. Which was taken in November.

Colby and I had agreed that when she turned 2 we would work on taking it away. And since her birthday is almost the last day of the year, I decided we would start after the first of the year.
Well, that didn't happen. And after every time we got in the car and she would cry for it I was done.
One morning, I got her out of bed, making her leave it in there. We went on with our day as normal. She would ask for it, and I would tell her she didn't need it that she was a big girl. She didn't like that. I was worried when it got close to nap time.
We layed on the couch, with milk, a blankie, bunny baby, puppy, and Maggie.
No binky.
She cried for a while but was so tired she just fell asleep.
Same thing for bed that night.
And for a couple of days we just had to remind her she was a big girl.
I also had to have the talk with the boys to not talk about it.
And now it's gone.
Never even asks for it, except when she's being funny.

Not a big deal.
Except they're still in the cupboard, and when I see them I miss that she's not little enough for them anymore.


3 comments:

Sherie said...

BIG girl Lexie! I'm with you Tiff...sort of tugs at my heart that she's not a baby anymore..sigh. I love that she still loves to snuggle..I hope she never wants to stop that!

Makayla & Cory Curtis said...

LOL I am laughing so hard because I know how much that binkie ment to you (Tiffany)!! But it is sad that she is getting all grown up. I miss the baby Lexie.

stefanie said...

Yay Lexie!
Reese will be next...but not until after her surgery!
I hope it will be as easy for us!