Monday, December 27, 2010

Birthday party!

In my mind I really wanted to do some great party. But because it's 2 days after Christmas, I wasn't really up for it. I don't even know how to explain it. I'm gonna have to think of a good reason someday when she's old enough to know. For now, making sure I have everything ready for Christmas is hard enough to do.

I wanted to do a Strawberry Shortcake party. But I didn't really want to be 'theme-y'. I don't think I really knew what I wanted to do. So, we had strawberry shortcake for dessert

There weren't really decorations. 3 cute tulle puff balls. Green, pink, and red. Not even a picture of them.
It's ok.


She was totally into opening her presents. She gets a lot of practice in 2 days. She got almost all things 'baby'. We got her an American Girl doll...Maggie, and she doesn't let her out of her sight. First thing every morning she asks "Where's Maggie?" And all day long. The one thing she did ask for [I brainwashed her] was a wiggle racer. She just started riding the boys', and she loves it. As soon as we brought it in the house, she went for it, and didn't get off. Well, there were tears when she got off.

Thank you everyone for all the gifts and for coming to her sad little party.

Happy Birthday Lexie!!

5 comments:

tammylozano said...

Happy Birthday sweet little Lexi!!

Kristen said...

Yea for Lexie joining the American Girl club. Wish we could have been there. She is such a cutie!

Sherie said...

Nothing sad about it!....I'm sure Lexie thought it was perfect! and the strawberry shortcake in December..was a TREAT!

.mel. said...

Happy Birthday Lexie, glad we got to come celebrate! {I'm sure the kids think it's just as great, decorations or not ;)}

stefanie said...

It was so cute and fun...I'm all about low key birthdays...especially two days after Christmas! We were just happy to be able to be there!
xo