Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Finally broke ground

Holy Cow!! It's only been a month and a half since we signed the contract to start on our new home. But today they finally broke ground and are getting things underway. We'll see how long this process takes but they tell us 90 days.
We're having VanGilder Homes build for us out in Washington fields in a subdivision called Brookhaven Fields.
It seems forever away from over here on this side of town, which I've lived almost my entire life. So it's a pretty big step for me. And the kids are excited and a little nervous too. So am I! I don't do new very well.

After living in 1650 square feet for 8 years, we've chosen a two-level floor plan, 3600 square feet. 5 bedroom, 3.5 bath, 3 car garage, living room + family room, and a play room, on just over 1/3 acre. Hopefully we won't feel like we live on top of each other anymore.


No comments: