Sunday, September 15, 2013

Warrior Football

After last years bad experience, Noah was NOT going to play football this year. I would ask him, he'd say no. I'd wait a few days and ask him again and he'd say no. Like…he wasn't budging.
Finally one day we were out swimming, it was getting close to the end of the sign up period and I knew I needed to talk to him about it a little more, so I asked him again if he wanted me to sign him up. He just looked at me and smiled, like, seriously? You're really asking me again?! I wanted him to explain to me why he really didn't want to play, because up until now, he would just tell me no and that would be it. He did finally admit that he didn't want to be on the same team, have the same coaches and be treated the same as last year. Can't say I blame him! But Colby and I told him that because of all of that, and what happened at the championship game, he NEEDS to play again. And show those coaches that they aren't going to scare him off. And that throughout life, he's going to have teachers, leaders, even bosses that he won't like, but he doesn't get to just give up and leave because of that.
After a while of chatting about it, he finally gave it!!! YAY!! He really is so good at football. He's not the best one on the field, but that's ok. He DOES his best, and that's all I care about.

Now…because of the baby I don't get to sit and snap a ton of pictures at his games. But this is what they do at the end of some of their games after they win. Not sure why they don't do it after all of them.
They all line up and do jumping jacks, as many as the points they scored. Then they do a little cheer!
It's a great team togetherness thing I think!

Noah is #16



No comments: