Monday, September 6, 2010

Labor Day - Got peaches?

Ha. Our Labor day was actually celebrated on Saturday. No really. I guess I should say Colby's Labor Day. He got up and went out to the church orchard at 7:30 to pick peaches. They have so many right now they've opened it up to everyone to just go pick. You can take up to 200 lbs. He got home around 10:30 a.m. We started with this many peaches (only all the boxes were completely full)

We now have our year supply of bottled peaches
and jam

Plus we gave some away.
I can't really take credit for much of the work. I left right after he got home to run some errands, and when I did help all I really did was peel them or mash them. Colby did all the hard stuff. With a little help from his parents and Kent. What a {Labor Day}!

5 comments:

Sherie said...

peaches, peaches, peaches!! I bet you are tired of them...all I know is your jam is yummmmmmmm....Thanks for sharing!! You guys are sooo domestic! xoxo

tammylozano said...

How fun i would love to learn how one day to do it i feel bad cuz i used to run to grandma cater for help she just cant do what she used to do luv her lots!!!

.mel. said...

Thats a lot of peaches! and It was oh so very yummy!

Michelle said...

Tif, that is so impressive! I can't remember the last time I bottled peaches. It is so much work, but worth it. Sometimes I think I might want to do some, but then I come to my senses...

stefanie said...

my mouth is watering...
can you send some of those bottled peaches with sherie ruth in a couple weeks?!
seriously!