Monday, April 5, 2010

Easter weekend (Sunday)

First of all, I just want to say Happy Easter!!


Colby and the boys slept in the trailer last night. I thought I was going to get a good long night of sleep. Lexie had other plans. She must have had a belly ache from all the jelly beans and I got a total of about 5 hours of sleep. (I guess that's not too bad, but I wanted 9 or 10!)
Since we colored real eggs those were the ones the easter bunny hid. But I didn't want real eggs out in the house all night, so Colby text me when they woke up and I made sure the eggs were ready.

Colby and I have decided we are way too sick of all the crap our kids end up with on holidays, just because it's a holiday. They don't need it. So we had a good talk with the easter bunny and we were both very impressed with what was left.
I'm sorry, but you gotta love that it was also general conference this weekend. No church to hurry off to. So we lounged until noon, then headed over to gramma Sherie's for some lunch, an egg hunt, and some more very impressive easter presents. (seriously, Sherie...I was impressed!)

After a nap, we had one more stop on our list. April is the first of 2 consecutive 'MAJOR' birthday months in our family. (in the 2 months we have 17 birthdays) So off to Shan's for dinner, cake & ice cream, and presents for Blake, who turned 3 today!! 

Now, our nice long weekend is finally over and we can get back to our normal lives. School is back in starting tomorrow!

2 comments:

tammylozano said...

looks like you had a good time(Like the idea of 9 or 10 hours of sleep)Sounds good 2 me!!!

Maren & Danny said...

Looks fun! Your kids are growing up too fast! They are such cuties! Miss ya...